I am officially 24 years old, a.k.a. one more year until I’m a quarter of a century! What?! I feel like a lot of people hate the fact that they are getting older, where I am the complete opposite! I actually think it’s so cool! Lol, I know I’m crazy but it’s true! There is just something about getting older that makes me feel good and proud of myself! I also feel SO old the first few months of turning a year older and then by like four months in I start to feel super young and like I’m still a teenager, lol. Anyone else feel the same way? Just me? Okay.
Enough rambling, more blogging! If ya didn’t know, I just turned 24 years old on Sunday, January 21! And again, if ya didn’t know, I am obviously blogging about it! I thought it would be fun to do a “24 things I learned in 24 years” type of post! So, if you’re into it keep on reading!
24 Things I Learned in 24 Years
- The way you pictured how your life was going to look like at age 24, when you were 12, is a lot different than how it actually will be. But in the best way possible.
- You have to put yourself first when it comes to your happiness.
- There’s no time for toxic relationships, whether that be friendships or romantic relationships.
- You can’t completely avoid those toxic relationships, so, if you have one, learn from it and move it. You deserve much better.
- Everyone has an agenda, including you, so be respectful and kind but set boundaries.
- No one is going to do it for you. If you want something you’re going to have to work for it yourself.
- As soon as you leave what’s bad for you, so many more doors will open that are filled with nothing but light and love.
- You HAVE to leave your comfort zone.
- Time moves fast. It waits for no one so either keep going or watch it fly by.
- Say no.
- Don’t be afraid to be who you are. P.s. You are allowed to change.
- A few, high quality friends, are far much better than several crappy friends.
- Your health is the most important thing- take care of your body.
- And love HARD AS F*CK
- Life is too short to be unhappy. Find what sets your soul on fire and run with it.
- Life has a lot of challenges, set-backs, and difficulties, but you are stronger than them all.
- Change is the only constant in life.
- Take time for YOU.
- Be present.
- Laugh every day.
- Accept your flaws, they make you, you.
- Let go of anything that vibrates on a low vibration.
- Listen to your body, it knows best.
- Trust the universe, it has your back.
Share your thoughts with me! Comment below or head over to my Instagram page (@iamdevonjade)!