Hey, friends! What’s up?! How is everyone doing?! I hope your week is off to a fantastic start because I know mine is! This week is super busy for Mark and I as he starts new training for his job, his mom is coming into town, and we have a lot of housework to finish! But I am super excited! This blog post took a turn (for the better) because what I originally had planned fell through. I had planned on sharing another photo diary of our camping trip last week, however, the trip never happened. Long story short, we drove 3.5 hours to go camping at this gorgeous lake and every single campsite was booked! We eventually found one (site number 11 to be exact…if you know me you know my Angel number is 11!) but there was a fire ban due to the wildfires going on here in Montana. So, we drove alllll the way back home that same day.
Our camping trip may have not happened but I didn’t want to leave you guys with no blog post this week. With that said, I starting brainstorming and got an idea. If you watch my Instagram stories, or know me in real life, than you know I am hashtag crazy plant lady. Sooo, today I am sharing with y’all ‘5 Benefits To Having Houseplants’! This post is slightly different and not so much health and wellness related but it is still such a passion of mine so I thought why not! Enough blabbering though and more reading!
5 Benefits To Having Houseplants
Why everyone should have at least ONE plant inside their home…
1. Freshens & purifies the air. Believe it or not, the right kind of plants are so beneficial to us! They act as a natural air filter in our homes by purifying and cleaning our air! How cool! Think of all of the fresh air you inhale when you step outside into nature, it’s so clean, crisp, and refreshing.
2. Great decor. This one is pretty obvious especially because plants are super trendy right now. Plants are a super easy and inexpensive way to fill up an empty space in your home. I personally think by adding plants, it brightens up a room and makes the room more welcoming.
3. Brings nature to you. Another obvious one but so true. A lot of us live in cities or around places that lack the wilderness or forest. By adding some plants into your space you are bringing nature to you! Which brings me to my next point…
4. Relieves feelings of stress. Have you ever felt stressed while out soaking up the plants and tress all around you? Probably not. Well indoor plants have that same effect! I feel so zen in my house with all of the green surrounding me.
5. They’re fun! Maybe you want a pet but don’t want to hold yourself responsible for it…get a plant instead! There are soon many plants out there that require little to no care and are hard to kill. Do your research and find what plant would work best for you! It is also very rewarding to watch them grow (my plants are like my children, lol). There’s no better feeling than taking good care of your plant baby and seeing it grow or sprout new leaves!
Do you already have plants inside your house? If so, which plants?! And if not, what plant would you LOVE to have?! Comment on this post or on my Instagram (@iamdevonjade) and tell me!